Crushes and giggling and Valentines, oh my! Love is in the air!
Here are 10 classroom ideas to help you get into the February fun! ♥ ♥ ♥
1. Help your students fall in love with word play with these free Silly Homophone Valentines.
2. Since positive feedback leads to positive behavior choices, and since everyone loves to know they’re appreciated…Surprise kids with the little notes pictured above to let them know how much they rock. (Free for subscribers.) Or get the whole class involved in writing notes of appreciation to each other. This sweet card/envelope combo would also be fun. Or make these super fast all-in-one valentines.
3. Work together to make a love-ly decoration for your classroom, celebrating the books your students adore.
4. Focus on friendship! This packet contains resources to use during center time or for homework.
5. Fall in love with a new book this month. Here are some excellent choices for February: 10 Books to Celebrate Valentine’s Day and Books About Friendship; plus 13 Civil Rights Picture Books for Kids, 14 President Books (That Won’t Put Your Kids to Sleep), and Books for Groundhog’s Day.
6. Share these February literacy talks with parents to help them add some easy February-themed learning at home.
7. Do your parent volunteers need some easy Valentine’s Day party ideas? How about these Minute To Win It games! Super simple to put together and super fun for kids of all ages.
8. Heart-shaped marshmallows + toothpicks = Awesome S.T.E.M. fun for Valentine’s Day.
9. Make Kindness Cootie Catchers!
10. Practice letter writing with some old-school snail mail for someone special. Perfect for parents, grandparents or a community helper! Use this printable letter writing set, or just decorate plain paper and envelopes.